My Thoughts For The New Year
Looking at last year has been very disappointing. The amount of people out there that want to be ghost hunters is incredible. The amount of people that want to learn how to be a ghost hunter is also incredible. Unfortunately, it's not the incredible that is of a good way. People just want to go out and do it. They don't want to learn the simple basics of ghost hunting. I find this very sad. It only behooves people to learn so that when the next round of ghost hunters go to the very same spot, they are not chastised or driven off because of some silly action the previous group has done. I hear far too often of ghost hunters that are accused of stealing, destroying property or ruining an invitation so others can't follow behind. It's very distressing. Learning is cheap. It usually doesn't cost anything other time, considering the amount of people doing what I'm doing right now which is blogging or putting information on their websites.
People continue to contact me to form a coalition. My question again to everyone is why. People cannot see eye-to-eye. There are always bad feelings, hard feelings, nasty comments, backstabbing....the list goes on and on. Check your egos at the door - PLEASE!! People do not understand what I, as an oldster (not old, just older than the young'uns that are trying to walk in my footsteps right now), have tried to do and the timing was not right. Form a coalition? Did that. Build an investigation database? Did that. Join groups together on an investigation? Did that. All these things failed because of the list of problems I talked about.
Now that my whine session is concluded, here are my thoughts for 2011:
1. I hope that psychics and mediums can do a great job. Not a good job but a great job. It would make more of us believers and be able to work better with us instead of us still being skeptical.
2. I hope the skeptics would take a day and have an open mind. It would make my work so much easier when I actually get around to proving something to them.
3. I hope the paranormal community could find a way to work with each other instead of without each other. Again, check your egos at the door.
4. Since the paranormal community can't work together, let's find a nice way to avoid each other and not post nasty comments about each other or a group online. They always do find a way to bite you in the behind and it's just not nice.
5. Remember that not everything you do should be geared toward getting that next big TV/movie/documentary deal. You should be in this for research and fun and vice versa.
6. I hope that those that go to "haunted" sites do not ruin, destroy, delapidate, wreck, etc., any site and make it virtually impossible for those of us who would like to visit.
7. I hope that ghost hunters remember there is nothing that is "yours". Property belongs to everybody unless you own it. Put down your territorial walls and let others in. Share. There should be no exclusivity unless you own the property. Share.
8. Lastly, and most importantly, be excellent to each other!!! Stop all the in-fighting, nastiness, anger, hatred and backstabbing. If you choose to be a nasty, angry person, keep it to yourself. Let all those others be happy and have a good time. Don't ruin things for everyone else.
Well, there it is. My hopes and thoughts for a better 2011. Will it work? Will anyone listen? Probably not. It's not the way things are nor how they work. People have different emotions and personalities and getting them to all be happy and work in a way that we would like just isn't the way life goes. I can only hope that maybe some time we can all see that wonderful light and smile!!
Things are looking up!!